Senior Program Manager, Capacity Planning and Workforce Management
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are a strong programmatic manager eager to have a big impact at Convoy. You’ll partner with Finance, Operations, Product, and Data Science to optimize utilization across our teams. You are a pioneer in your field, with expertise in workforce management and optimization, a strong toolset for analysis, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Define and execute a strategy to help Convoy’s workforce scale through long-term planning, medium-term capacity planning, and real-time workforce management solutions.
- Partner with Finance, Product, Data Science, and Operations to build better forecasting models, optimize scheduling, and enable Operations teams to shift resources nimbly.
- Provide functional management in the development of workforce solutions, including statistical analysis and modeling, schedule optimization, program management, operational excellence, and problem solving.
- Define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Operations, Finance, Business Administration, or other quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in operational forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
- Ability to break down complex business problems into concrete solutions
- Strong systematic and deductive skills – good at creating and investigating business information, defining key business metrics; proficiency in SQL and some statistical tools.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Top notch organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience in operations and/or startup environment strongly preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!