Manager, Operations Training
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a manager of the Training Operations Team, you will oversee all new hire trainings, new process and product trainings, as well as ongoing trainings across all operational sites. You will partner with the trainers and stakeholders across Convoy to support business growth and ensure our operation teams consistently provide industry-leading service to all our customers and carriers.
- Build and execute a strategic plan for the training operations team including creating and defining KPIs and OKRs to support Convoy’s growth.
- Lead a team of trainers that delivers high quality training through the most effective channel to ensure our operation teams are consistently up to date and providing our customers and carriers the best experience and service.
- Manage relationships and balance all training requests and effectively collaborate with stakeholders to provide trainings that support and align with Convoy Operations’ goals and priorities.
- Measure, report, and analyze data to illustrate the impact and gaps on both learners and the business. Assess and prioritize new training and updates to existing training using the data you collect on learning gaps and program effectiveness.
- Articulate and define training team needs and oversee implementation and management of training platform and tools to effectively support and elevate trainings.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading and delivering in person and online trainings
- Experience developing/deploying learning content
- Experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Experience with setting and meeting metrics and goals
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Positive attitude and advocate of change/change management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!