Team Lead, Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are passionate about team development, problem solving and customer service. You have experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. You enjoy creating and executing strategic growth plans for your business area. You will help onboard and supervise the continued performance of a team of Operations Associates. You’ll play an integral role in setting culture and will bring the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to get the job done.
- Support training and onboarding Operations Associates
- Provides daily direction and communication to the team to ensure SLAs are met with high quality service
- Create and maintain a positive, energetic work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Partner with our Carrier and Shipper teams to execute plans for accounts and company initiatives
- Perform ongoing process and procedure evaluation, improvement, and training
- Assist Operations Manager with development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling and reward/recognition programs
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 2-4 years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Past experience mentoring, leading, and/or training teammates
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are an empathetic listener, candid communicator, and are not afraid to ask for help
- Scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed, regardless of whether it’s in the job description
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, problem solve to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience leading large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
- Beginner to intermediate level experience with programing languages ie. SQL, Java, Python
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!