AV Systems Engineer
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You will take ownership of:
- Designing and implementing new AV systems including new office build outs.
- Review and enhance AV systems to deliver the best possible experience for users.
- Work closely with Workspace and contract resources to complete projects within budget and timetable.
- Provide premier support in all aspects of setup and testing for special events, conference rooms and internal meetings.
- Creating standards and documentation to drive operational excellence across all of IT.
- Meet with stakeholders to evaluate needs and delivering appropriate solutions.
- Escalate problems and track service requests and repairs through resolution.
- Daily maintenance of testing of conference room AV systems.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong collaboration skills to help drive operational best practices and help the team raise the bar.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and root cause issues across our IT environment.
- 3+ years of experience administering and managing enterprise video communications systems such as Zoom including hardware and software.
- Planning and running the audio/video components of a live event.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of audio & video systems including signal flow, signal processing and sound reinforcement.
- The ability to dive deep into new technologies and learn quickly.
- Experience working within a ticketing system such as Atlassian JIRA.
Nice to have skills/experience:
- You have proficiency with at least one scripting language (bash/Python/ruby/Swift).
- A deeper understanding of related systems and technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SAML, WiFi, Command Line System Management.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!