Principal Product Manager, Strategic Shipper Initiative
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG (Google’s growth equity investment fund), Greylock, YCombinator, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work as well as a LinkedIn Top Startup, and we were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan award in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size with processes and practices that have been unchanged for decades.
Convoy is establishing a new playbook for freight. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. Innovations like Automated Reloads,Convoy Go, and 100% automated brokering are challenging convention and transforming how shippers run freight.
Are you passionate about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? Convoy is looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead a strategically critical effort for Convoy. Your work will span company-level strategy through to roadmap and execution. To help you succeed, your team will consist of dedicated engineers, designers, data scientists, sellers, account managers, and marketers. You will work directly with customers to understand their problems and develop new solves from first principles.
This is a growth effort with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. You will have the opportunity to impact every stage of the product and customer journey and success in your role will materially alter Convoy’s trajectory.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our contract systems.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to optimize our contract freight intake.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing business revenue, margin, or cost as a key team metric
- Proven partner to a sales and/or business function
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.