Accounting Operations Manager
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
As an Accounting Operations Manager at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Finance at Convoy enables “eyes-wide-open” decisions & execution for the business through financial planning, budgeting, and short/long term analysis. We seek to have a broad lens on success; balancing financial stewardship vs. enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics. Our goal is never limited to building a great financial model or processing results downstream; we aim to be regarded as trusted advisors and thought leaders by our business partners.
You will take ownership of:
- Up-leveling our financial reporting and chart of accounts.
- Defining and documenting description of what expenses are coded under each general ledger accounts.
- Improving our departmental reporting at scale to enable our stakeholder teams to move fast and make high ROI decisions for Convoy.
- Rolling out allocations for cross-department spend.
- PMing the ERP launch for Finance/Accounting and subsequent updates to accommodate additional scale/complexity in reporting.
- Resolving high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting roles.
- Experience launching or managing ERP.
- Knowledge of department-level reporting and allocation.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Experience in the following are preferred:
- Trucking or logistics background.
- Experience with SQL and R/Python.
- Strong math background.
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or other Fortune 500 company.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!