Program Manager, Strategic Supply
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
When you see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are a strategic, data-driven leader who can work across functions to diagnose root causes of problems and execute solutions. You’re results-oriented, both for the business and for your customers. You are ideally experienced in a marketplace business, familiar with the relationship between supply and demand. You’re great at experimenting with new solutions, assessing success, and choosing the right solutions for big investments.
- Develop, lead, and implement programs that improve margin, service, and supply capacity across our marketplace, in partnership with teams across Convoy
- Create, maintain, and monitor the demand vs. supply balance by market, in partnership with Convoy’s data science team
- Participate in the development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes and solutions
- Ensure that we have the engaged supply ready to meet forecasted shipments in each market. Deploy strategic programs and tactics to support new shipper programs and adapt to changes in our marketplace
- Work with our sales and central teams to optimize the demand coming into the marketplace
- Design experiments to test new levers for building supply
- Ongoing experimentation to measure and optimize the effectiveness of tactics
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years professional experience in operations, supply, logistics, or similar fields. Experience leading large programs from design through implementation is highly desired
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics to a range of audience, including executive leadership
- Strong data fluency and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Comfortable with data analytical skills (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- High emotional intelligence and humility. Ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, and teams across all of Convoy
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!