Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of via thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a strong operational executor with people management experience who is eager to help Convoy build a second office. You have deep knowledge of Convoy’s processes, tools, and culture and can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the Atlanta Launch Leader and operations teams at HQ, the Atlanta Operations Manager will help hire, onboard, and lead a team of Operations Associates. You’ll play an integral role in setting culture in Atlanta and will bring the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to get the job done!
Ideal candidates will be strong communicators and multi-taskers who are adaptable, resilient and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of Operations Associates.
- Motivate and lead a team to deliver against metrics required to serve Convoy customers.
- Manage performance and personal development of individual Operations Leads and Associates.
- Work cross-functionally to develop SOPs, train, and keep Operations Associates up to speed on process and product changes
- Identify and advocate for additional resources needed for your team to succeed (training, SOPs, product work, etc.)
- Partner with HQ teams on the execution of strategic initiatives to address critical business issues or opportunities
- Work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that increase efficiency and help us serve customers
- Develop a team schedule and manage timekeeping to ensure SLAs are met with high-quality service.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Empathetic leader; Demonstrated ability to manage individuals and teams effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Data driven with a knack for process improvement.
- Scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed, regardless of whether it’s in the job description
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Self motivated; Able to work independently and think creatively to deliver results
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Technical skills in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!