Software Engineer - Mobile
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
Engineers at Convoy get to own problems end-to-end, but we also hire for deep expertise in strategic areas. Our mobile experience is a key part of our business, and we’re looking for engineers that have deep expertise in building world-class mobile apps. If you are excited about combining your comprehensive understanding of native iOS and Android platforms with the speed of developing a React Native app, we'd love to hear from you!
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
You will have ownership of:
- Building delightful features that make it easier to run a small trucking business.
- Developing a mobile platform to enable engineers to easily and quickly build mobile features.
- Creating a lightning fast mobile build/test/deploy system.
- Building a strong presence in the open source community.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of building high quality mobile apps.
- Open to building React Native mobile apps.
- Native expertise with iOS and Android a plus
- Demonstrated end-to-end feature development including backend engineering.
- Server tech: Our stack is Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!