Corporate Counsel, Employment and Litigation Focus
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for a talented Attorney to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on various legal issues including employment law matters and litigation matters. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
The Legal Department values diversity, equity, and inclusion and believes promoting these values is essential to a successful team and building a positive culture. We seek a candidate who shares in our priorities and actively believes in promoting these values in their work.
- Assist with Convoy litigation, including managing deadlines, handling the discovery process, etc.
- Oversee responses to interrogatories or requests for production;
- Handle drafting responses to agency matters;
- Handle litigation holds and managing outside counsel;
- Advise the business on employment law and regulatory compliance matters;
- Monitor changes in the industry and employment law trends and help to adapt Convoy’s processes and policies to reflect new legislation
- Partner on projects with HR and legal to refine employment policies and procedures.
- Assist in advising the business on employee-related matters.
- Draft and negotiate employment-related contracts and other contracts with potential customers and vendors.
- Assist with other legal projects as needed, including transactional work
We’re looking for someone who has:
- You must have a J.D. degree, be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar and have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Prior law firm & in-house legal experience
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in the substantive areas of: employment law and litigation
Nice to haves:
- Preferred experience in the transportation industry
- Preferred experience in the technology industry
- Preferred experience in a start-up
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!