Senior Financial Analyst, Central FP&A
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a future FP&A team member at Convoy you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You are continuously learning and are never satisfied with the status-quo. You are as comfortable creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as you are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
We're looking for someone to join the Central FP&A team to partner with Finance and technical stakeholders to help us scale our ERP, launch a financial planning system, and create financial sources of truth throughout the company. The ideal candidate is excited to create accurate and efficient tools and then foster their adoption throughout the firm. While building financial infrastructure is a focus for this role, you would also assist with month-end reporting, forecast cycle deliverables, and ad hoc analysis with a focus on automation and creating self-service solutions.
The finance team's goal is to align Convoy’s roadmap and execution with its desired financial outcomes while democratizing accurate, scalable, and insightful financials across the firm. We “find a path to ‘yes’” while performing our due diligence and controllership. To do so, we are not limited to financial modeling or processing inputs downstream; we earn it through results by embedding with the business and connecting the dots across teams to org-wide strategy and process. We balance financial stewardship, enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics to help make the best choices for Convoy.
- Own financial reporting that is scalable.
- Create and implement new tools and financial processes throughout the organization.
- Manage planning and goal setting with business and finance stakeholders.
- Forecast & research progress vs. plan to build recommendations.
- Partner with stakeholders to drive business outcomes in alignment with financial goals.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2-4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or Business Analyst roles (start-up/tech preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as part of a growing organization and present your findings.
- Developed processes, tools, and/or tests that enable teams to have high ROI outcomes.
- The ability to assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization with impact beyond their own team.
- Proactively raised risks and opportunities and suggestions for changes to the roadmap.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of SQL, Workday Financials, Adaptive Insights, and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience building and scaling custom GL / ERP solutions and reporting is a plus.
- Experience with Financial Reporting and Board/Investor communications is a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!