Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
Our team works directly with Convoy’s leadership on strategic senior hires, with a focus on recruiting leaders for scale. While executing end-to-end recruitment processes, we’re in the early phases of building a best-in-class executive recruiting function within a rapidly scaling start up. We’re looking for someone who is excited to help build a foundation for recruiting leadership talent to Convoy, setting up best practices for scale.
- Manage end-to-end leadership hiring processes at Convoy, this will include:
- Identify, approach and engage with top external talent, building and maintaining proactive industry knowledge and external networks.
- Build trust with active and passive candidates, with a focus on delivering a high-touch candidate experience and building long-term relationships for Convoy.
- Develop search strategies for a diverse range of roles, working closely with senior hiring managers to develop assessment criteria, recruitment strategy, and targeted messaging.
- Interview and assess senior-level talent, providing a value-added view to executive hiring managers while diving deep on candidate motivations and interest.
- Manage executive search firms where appropriate, serving as the internal point of contact and ensuring progress, quality, and values-alignment.
- Partner with legal, compensation, on-boarding, HR business partners and DEI leaders to ensure successful offer and onboarding processes.
- In addition to executing and running senior level searches, as a founding member of the executive recruiting function at Convoy, you will work to set up scalable processes for leadership recruiting with a focus on scalability and a continuous drive to raise the bar.
- Advise internal leaders on talent and market trends within their function.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Prior experience within an executive search firm or within an in-house executive search function. This should include full-cycle research (identification), sourcing (outbound engagement), assessment, and client management.
- Ability to effectively balance and manage multiple recruitment processes independently, setting priorities and managing stakeholder expectations. Proactive project manager who takes ownership for all parts of a recruitment process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to influence and advise. Comfortable interacting with and effectively communicating with executives, both external candidates and internal stakeholders.
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to work across all areas of the business (technology & product, GTM, G&A, HR, legal, etc.)
- Interest in contributing to a growing team and function, with a desire to help set up best-in-class processes.
- Experience recruiting in a startup environment or interfacing with high-growth clients is a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!