Senior Product Manager, Marketplace Demand
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG (Google’s growth equity investment fund), Greylock, YCombinator, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work as well as a LinkedIn Top Startup, and we were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan award in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Contract freight represents a majority portion of both the trucking industry and Convoy’s business. In this role, you will own the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution for long-range forecasting for Convoy which is a key input to how we manage Contract freight. In this role, you will lead an A+ group of economists, scientists, engineers, pricing operations specialists and financial analysts to transform the trucking industry and make Convoy the industry leader in long-range forecasting and risk-management. This role will require a data-driven mindset and the ability to deal with a high level of ambiguity, that grows both contract freight volume and margin.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our long-range forecasting systems
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to own our long-range predictions and analyze/deep-dive gaps.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Building large scale forecasting/predictive functions and/or systems
- Deep analytical expertise and the ability to dive deep into economic models on a regular basis
- Experience managing business revenue, margin, or cost as a key team metric
- Proven partner to finance and pricing functions
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics, leveraging simulations and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.