Senior Product Manager, Shipment Acquisition
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG (Google’s growth equity investment fund), Greylock, YCombinator, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work as well as a LinkedIn Top Startup, and we were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Contract freight represents the largest share of the trucking industry and is core to Convoy’s business.
In your role, you will build new systems for acquiring and optimizing our contract freight. To achieve this, you will build software systems and workflows for driving excellent control and growth of this business. This will require a data-driven mindset that grows both contract freight volume and margin. You will meet shippers in person, deeply understand their problems, and use that to create or enhance Convoy’s contract offerings. Additionally, you will work closely with internal Business and Technical teams.
You will own strategy, roadmap, and execution of this effort to directly impact Convoy's business outcomes. In this role, revenue and margin will be the first order of business for you. To help you succeed, you will lead engineers, data scientists and others who will be embedded in your team.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our contract systems.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to optimize our contract freight intake.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing business revenue, margin, or cost as a key team metric
- Proven partner to a sales and/or business function
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need - we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.