Instructional Designer, Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Come join the Operations team to take on Onboarding & Culture initiatives! We’re over hauling role-specific onboarding for Operations, creating blended learning experiences and tracking our training impact across multiple spaces. If you enjoy building end-to-end experiences, fostering stakeholder relationships, and designing highly-interactive training this is the role for you. The ideal candidate will have experience building multimodal learning solutions and an aptitude for understanding their customer in order to craft a vision for a best-in-class training experience.
- Design training for frontline Specialists, Associates, and Team Leads in OperationsAssess learning needs to create a cohesive role-specific onboarding for Operations so that every Operations new hire has a clear understanding of Convoy, our culture, and their role
- Create various learning experiences, including ILT/VILT, e-learning, job aids, and more
- Develop in-person, virtual, manager-facing and self-paced resources so every new hire has a clear understanding of Convoy, our culture, and their role
- Work with stakeholders across Operations to vet content plans and ensure the most relevant content is presented and updated
- Update new-hire content as the business evolves
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to ensure managers are prepared to support new hires and ensure they have everything they need for a smooth transition
- Develop the strategy for executive-level onboarding
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3-5 years of experience designing in-person and virtual training experience from the ground up
- 3-5 years of e-learning design experience
- 3-5 years of on-the-job or role-specific/customer-focused design
- Experience in multi-faceted programming: E-learning, ILT, and videoA passion for new hires to help welcome them into our culture with open arms
Nice to haves:
- Experience working at a mid-sized company to grow their learning & development function
- Experience with Zendesk, TalkDesk, or other similar customer management tools
- Experience in survey design and a focus on metrics and measurement
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!