Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
We think carriers and drivers are trucking awesome. They move our country forward and deserve more respect and appreciation than they receive today. We love solving problems to make life on the road hassle-free for drivers, maximizing earnings with full trucks on the lanes they like to run. We love rolling up our sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our team’s goal is to build the most robust and engaged carrier base in the freight industry.
At the highest level, your mission in carrier marketing is to improve the lives of the more than two million US truck drivers. As a senior member of the carrier marketing team, you will be responsible for growing healthy truckload supply for Convoy by engaging our existing carrier base, playing a critical role in fueling the world’s leading digital freight network.
- Own the plan and strategy for carrier acquisition
- Build and run an efficient acquisition engine across a broad range of areas including owned and paid media, Convoy.com, the Convoy app, sales, and events
- Manage a paid media budget and work closely with our partners in digital marketing to grow and optimize its results
- Create innovative, novel marketing campaigns that break through to reach our audience and entice them to haul with Convoy
- Ideate, pilot, and grow novel marketing programs beyond what’s in place today
- Develop playbooks for acquiring carriers at the national, regional, and local level
- Establish and refine a targeting methodology, including prospect list building and segmentation
- Report on carrier acquisition and program outcomes in weekly, monthly, and quarterly leadership reviews
We're looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in growth or product marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A broad understanding of marketing and advertising levers and programs, spanning all channels, digital and physical
- The ability to mentally shift gears, from building an informed, high level strategy to diving into the details while executing at a high bar
- Disciplined and robust analytical skills, with an eye for vetting, optimizing and scaling programs collectively across a broad set of areas (e.g. media, website, product, offline)
- A successful track record of working cross functionally with a diverse stakeholder group (technical, creative, operational) and bringing out the best in others
- A zest for operating in uncharted territory, carving out success where few have gone before
- Experience working with tech companies, and/or app marketing is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!