Business Intelligence Engineer (All Levels)
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
The Business Intelligence Engineer role will be responsible for creating the proper data modeling necessary to facilitate reporting, analytics, and predictive modeling for key stakeholders. If you enjoy working at the intersection of data science and data engineering and achieving highly impactful outcomes through cross-functional collaboration, this role is for you.
- Understand data needs by interfacing with fellow data scientists and business partners.
- Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models and pipelines in partnership with Data Engineering
- Build out comprehensive metrics and dimensions to measure operational health and enable analysis and predictive modeling.
- Design and develop dashboards to enable self-serve data consumption
- Become a data expert in your business domain, develop deep understanding of how your data interacts with the rest of the business, and own data quality
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Passion for high data quality and scaling/automating data science work
- Demonstrated leadership in data warehousing concepts
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Strong skills in SQL and experience with ETL frameworks (i.e. Airflow, dbt).
- Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language
- Ability to perform basic statistical analysis to inform business decisions
- Ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
Nice to haves:
- Experience other data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau)
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!