Data Scientist, Find Work
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Who we’re looking for:
Convoy's Carrier team, which is responsible for managing the supply side of trucks in our marketplace, is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the team.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to work with Convoy’s Carrier team. The Carrier team is responsible for managing the supply side of trucks in our marketplace. Our objective is to ensure that every shipment is matched with a carrier and that carriers can find the loads they are looking for on our app. You will be responsible for developing insights about our carrier network, building models, analyzing experiments, developing ROI measurement and working with business stakeholders to determine next steps with our product. Ideal candidates have experience delivering and enjoy working on high visibility and high impact projects.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience at top-tier companies in Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Scientist, or Analytics roles
- Expert SQL fluency
- ETL pipeline experience
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Experience with statistical data analysis and modeling
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- MS in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing product or engineering road-map
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!