Head of Shipper Insights
Business Ops & Sales Strategy
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of via thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
As the Head of Shipper Insights, you’ll define the vision and build the foundation for Convoy’s Shipper insights program. You’ll collaborate with our Sales and Account Management teams to develop and deliver world-class supply-chain / transportation insights that solve meaningful customer problems. You’ll collaborate with our Data and Product teams to build the necessary infrastructure - data tools, visualization, customer reports, etc. to build and deliver these insights at scale. You’ll collaborate with our Marketplace and marketing teams to develop and publish our POV on market trends and the industry as such and reinforce Convoy’s position as a thought leader in this space. Build a team from the ground-up - attract, retain and develop world-class insights team
You have the following skills and experience:
- BS or Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- 10+ years of experience leveraging quantitative analysis, analytics, and data science to solve business problems, preferably in a customer-facing role
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of both technical and non-technical resources
- Experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and cross-functional programs from the ground-up
- Comfortable crafting customer stories / strategy from data and influencing business decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to drive collaboration and commitment across disparate groups with competing priorities
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You are a leader and will speak up where needed
- You have a habit of bias-to-action
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
- Experience working with / influencing and presenting to external VP-level / C-Suite stakeholders
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!