Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems that make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop game-changing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
As a Principal Engineer at Convoy, you will help guide the evolution of our core systems and capabilities while supporting new green field opportunities. You will help establish technical standards and drive Convoy system architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. You work on our hardest problems, building high quality, scalable, and architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. Principal Engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad allowing you to produce both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs. Principal Engineers are leaders and mentors, setting excellent examples for their local teams and the entire engineering community.
You have the following skills and experience:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 6+ years of technical leadership experience
- Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high quality systems and software products
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose.
- Track record of delivery in hyper-growth and fast-paced development environments.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business.
- Highly developed technical perspective and architecture and system design ability.
- Experience cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!