Principal Product Manager, Convoy Go
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
About Convoy Go:
Convoy Go is a drop & hook marketplace that allows any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. to start hauling pre-loaded trailers -- and to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers.
Drop & hook shipments (pre-loaded trailers) currently represent the majority of Fortune 500 company shipments. To date, most of these shipments have been serviced by large asset-based carriers. Convoy Go enables any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. using the Convoy app to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers, in terms of fleet utilization, service levels and access to shipments. With its drop & hook marketplace, Convoy Go creates a seamless “grab and go” system, where carriers simply bring their power unit (a truck’s engine and cab), pick up a pre-loaded trailer, and hit the road. To accomplish this, Convoy Go leverages its Universal Trailer Pool, a nationwide pool of Convoy-managed trailers that can be used by any driver in Convoy’s network, with no rental fees. Learn more about Convoy Go here.
What we're looking for:
Within our new initiative Convoy Go, you will be the Head of Product for Convoy Assets, where you will own Convoy’s strategy, approach, and product roadmap of how we drive this massive network of trailers and physical assets to an unprecedented scale. To achieve your objectives, you will be lead across engineers, data scientists, operations and other product organizations.
You will need to grow our asset network balancing the needs of different stakeholders which have different objective functions. Firstly, we need to service the needs of our shippers with high service levels. Secondly, we need to provide attractive routes to track drivers in order to maximize their fleet utilization. Finally, we need to accomplish this with the minimum numbers possible in order to make efficient use of Convoy Assets. This is a complex problem in the intersection of business and operations research.
You will have ownership over the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy Go Asset management. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
You have the following skills & experience:
- PM experience: 10+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and comfortable understanding ML.
- Customer oriented: Works backward from customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience working in 2 sided marketplaces (ads, e-commerce, etc).
- Experience in Transportation Tech.
- Hands on Experience in Data Science or Operations research.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!