Account Manager I
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with sales and operations teams, the Account Manager will help run strategic vision and execution within Convoy's customer accounts.
You will assist in:
- Achieving customer growth and retention objectives, including identifying expansion opportunities
- Operating across cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service.
- Driving revenue and growth with Convoy’s enterprise customers
- Developing and executing against strategic account plans for enterprise customers
- Analyzing customer data and sharing insights both internally and externally, as applicable
- Developing and distributing strategic customer reporting
- Leading account-based programs / project management initiatives
- Driving analysis. Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Running business reviews on-site with customers
- Executing on shared account on-boarding process and framework with other key partners; including business development and operations
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of account management experience
- Consistent track record of on-boarding, retaining and growing enterprise customers
- Exceptional Excel/Data management skills
- Strong operations or detailed account management experience (comfortable diving into the details)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self directed and proactive approach to work - adept at working in highly dynamic environments
- Creative thinker able to develop new internal processes and to challenge our customers to think differently
Preferred Skills and Qualification:
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience a plus
- Technology industry and startup experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus
You will be evaluated on:
- Customer obsession - ability to listen and understand our customer’s business, partnering with them to deliver outstanding results
- Delivering results -- financial and KPI performance
- The ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- A passion for innovation, problem solving, and constant change
- Effective communication - strong verbal, written, customer service, and social skills
- Self motivation and independent problem solving
- Data driven decision making
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!