Diversity Sourcing Recruiter
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You will demonstrate the ability to get up to speed quickly, excel in a dynamic work environment, and add value immediately. As a Diversity Sourcing Recruiter, you'll bring the enthusiasm and attitude necessary to get the job done!
You will take ownership of:
- Sourcing and developing a full and diverse pipeline of qualified technical talent for various roles at Convoy including those in Product, Data Science, Product Design, and Engineering.
- Leveraging and partnering with both internal and external partners to build a diverse candidate pipeline for targeted roles.
- Find creative ways to identify and engage with diverse pools of talent to develop robust diverse pipelines for current and future business needs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for diversity initiatives in recruiting with market leaders, hiring managers, and internal partners.
- Play a key role in designing and developing a diversity sourcing strategy.
- Review resumes and credentials of diverse candidates for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Conducting initial qualifying phone screens of candidates.
- Creating an amazing candidate experience.
- Serve as a mentor to other technical recruiters to support their growth and effectiveness in the diversity space.
- Recruit passive candidates and gauge both technical and soft skills of candidates for fit, and to understand candidate motivation.
- Maintaining accurate candidate data throughout the recruitment lifecycle in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Maintaining communication and providing regular updates on progress to goal to recruiting partners.
- Staying up to speed on relevant news in the tech startup space and freight industry.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a diversity recruiter and/or sourcer working in a high volume, high hiring bar environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in diversity recruiting, specifically the creation and implementation of strategies to source and recruit from diverse communities working across all business units in a region.
- Passion for attracting the best and the brightest with a specific focus on diversity hiring.
- Proven candidate pipelining generation and qualification experience, building and utilizing a variety of sourcing tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
- Proven ATS experience (Lever is a plus) for sourcing and pipeline/candidate management.
- You index high on personal resilience and sense of urgency.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong detail-orientation & organization skills.
- Demonstrated record of adopting new technology in how you do your work.
- Experience in a fast growing startup environment.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!