Engineering Manager, Security
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
The Security team is responsible for application and infrastructure security across all of Convoy. We are a team of Security and Software Engineers who own projects and platforms that support secure implementation of Convoy products on our production stack. We provide product developers tools and patterns that are secure by default and directly own any security-related events with product teams as they arise. We work directly with product teams to review designs prior to implementation in order to resolve security concerns early in the development cycle and perform regular penetration tests on new and existing products. We work with product and engineering management to prioritize vulnerability remediation as part of our drive for operational excellence. We operate as the business stakeholder for security and regularly work with Convoy leadership and legal teams to weigh in on potential security issues. We are often consulted on matters of not only security but also privacy, fraud and business practices.
You have experience managing high-functioning engineering teams. You are knowledgeable of Security Engineering practices. You have experience working across a wide range of teams to drive security priorities. You know how to rigorously prioritize and communicate with stakeholders what work they must take on in order to remain secure, what work the Security team will provide them and what work we will defer to the backlog to be completed at a later time.
- Manage a talented and passionate team of Security Engineers
- Triage and plan the Security team roadmap balancing long-term architectural advancements against near-term mitigation and prevention priorities
- Work with knowledge of Convoy’s long-term goals to ensure that our Security is appropriate for each new stage of the company
- Coordinate across all product and business teams to drive secure practices and results
- Work with Convoy leadership, legal, finance and IT as the company’s security stakeholder
We’re looking for someone who has:
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!