Human Resources Business Analyst
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
As an HR Business Analyst at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. HR at Convoy is transparent and data driven so our business has quality information to make the best decisions for their people. We aim to be regarded as trusted advisors and thought leaders by our business partners. You will be responsible for ensuring we have high quality people data for the launch of an HRIS system and leading our annual review processes. You will lay the foundation and have ownership of the total employee lifecycle- how Convoy attracts, develops, and retains the world’s best employees.
This role will have a wide range of responsibilities that touches compensation, benefits, diversity and development. If you are curious minded and are passionate about joining a company that is using data to build the best people team, join us!
You will take ownership of:
- Performing analysis and reporting that is flexible and scalable as we grow.
- Driving clarity on trends and goal tracking in support of strategic initiatives.
- Helping develop foundational processes that enable our teams to move fast and make high ROI decisions for Convoy.
- Resolving high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in Finance or Data Analyst Roles.
- The ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- You love working with numbers and are familiar with excel modeling.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners (product, engineering, sales, etc).
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience:
- Experience with SQL and R/Python.
- Strong math background.
- Compensation experience.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!