Head of People (Remote)
San Francisco /
Employee Success – HR /
Copper is not just another CRM. It’s the only CRM that is 100% focused on helping clients build the strongest possible business relationships that will win them customers for life. While most CRMs are glorified databases with legions of custom fields, Copper takes a human and action-centered approach and functions at the heart of a business.
Copper surprises people: clients tell us they actually love their CRM, as this was previously a feat of impossibility. We’re turning CRM on its head by offering a beautifully crafted, Google Workspace-native tool that offers transparency, collaboration, and productivity.
It’s an exciting time to be part of this category, where there are few individual players left who are truly capable of capturing significant market share. We are one of them with a strong foothold in the space, and funds raised of $100 million.
Copper is looking for a Head of People to lead their global human resources function. This role will report directly into the Company’s CEO and will have an important impact on a fast growing, vibrant company.
What you'll do ...
- Own end-to-end human resources function, including talent acquisition, employee development, compensation and legal compliance
- Serve as our thought-leader on all employee-related matters, including development of organizational structure and enablement of goals and objectives across the business
- Oversight and development of global footprint and enabling a well-connected and culturally unified team across locations
- Lead talent acquisition by managing Copper’s recruiting, hiring and on-boarding processes in collaboration with business unit leaders
- Run our performance management process, including goal setting and performance assessment, feedback and training processes
- Manage all elements of HR compliance, including training and investigation and resolution of workplace disputes
- Contribute strategic initiatives, including long-term organizational planning and supporting corporate acquisitions
What you'll bring ...
- 10+ years of human resources experience in tech space
- Desire to take on challenges and help shape a fast growing organization
- Experience growing a remote / hybrid-remote teamCollaborative work style and ability to work cross-functionally and support teams throughout the organization structure
- Knowledge of U.S. employment, wage, and salary laws and regulations. Global experience (in Canada and UK) a plus
- Strong understanding of how to structure and operate compensation and benefit programs
- Ability to resolve employee disputes successfully and professionallyExecutive-level communication and presentation skills
Our teams are located in Canada and in the United States. We are remote-flexible, and we are an equal-opportunity employer.
At Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Note about Copper’s remote-flexible work policy:
We are working remotely and doing our part to ensure that our employees and future employees are healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. If you are invited to our interview process, we will conduct all meetings via video conference. All new employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them in advance.