Systems Test Engineer, Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Systems Test
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
As a Systems Test - Hardware Test Automation Engineer you will generate the programs and scripts that control and test the aircraft hardware. This includes anything ranging from avionics, power electronics, motors, and batteries. In addition you’ll design and create new processes or implementations that make testing more efficient and streamlined, including how data is processed, stored, and visualized.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn the ins-and-outs of component and aircraft functionality
- Take ownership of various units and subsystems and start implementing new functionalities to improve test coverage and robustness
- Improve upon current acceptance test coverage and help automate the processes
Within 6 months you will:
- Be intimately familiar with the aircraft architecture and improve upon current tests
- Write and perform tests for hardware in development, acceptance, qualification, and on-aircraft testing efforts-- and get the chance to see your hard work fly!
- Developing new ways to improve every aspect of data collection, processing, storage, and visualization
Within 12 months you will:
- Certify flight hardware for an entirely new aircraft
- Actively improve current test efforts to support a production environment
- Have the experience of taking flight hardware from concept to production
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree
- Minimum two years of experience in hardware test automation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with Python for automating test execution and post-processing scripts
- Proficient with C/C++
- Experience in working with and developing tests for HIL (hardware-in-the-loop) test setups at the unit and large system level
- Designing and setting up tests for entirely new hardware
- Familiarity with aerospace development best practices and standards
- Extensive experience in operating and interfacing with data acquisition systems for data collection of thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors, load cells, LVDT, etc.
- Specific experience in designing and programming tests for electronics hardware
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Experience with Linux
- Demonstrated interest in aircraft and aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.