Control Systems Engineering Intern
Mountain View, CA
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a GNC Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be collaborating with the Controls Team in imagining and implementing control algorithms, state estimation methods, and self-flying autonomy software. You will assist in writing code that runs on full scale airplanes and participate in the flight tests of those new algorithms. As an intern at Cora Aero, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the development of GNC Systems for the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Assist in creating new features and design/write algorithms
- Implement new models in our physics engine based on first principles, empirical data, or system identification
- Support flight test activities by participating in the analysis of flight logs
- Help to Identify issues in flight code and propose/implement solutions or improvements
- Verify GNC requirements needed for certification
- Contribute to software development and the testing framework
- Currently pursuing a B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university, and be in your second year of school or higher
- Familiarity with estimation and control theory
- Demonstrated experience with design and implementation of control systems
- Working knowledge of C and MATLAB software engineering
- Experience with simulation physical modeling
- Skills in linear algebra and calculus
- Have an interest in Aircraft/Aviation
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with path planning, trajectory optimization, or GNC (Guidance Navigation and Control)
- Experience with sensor fusion (accels, gyros, GPS, pressure transducers, vision, lidar, radar, ultrasound, etc.)
- Knowledge of aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
- Familiarity with aircraft requirements
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.