IT Helpdesk Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Information Technology
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Engineer who can provide end user technical support You will be responsible to manage and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues related to IT equipment (Mac, PC, Printers, etc) and be able to assist in supporting applications owned by IT. You will work alongside other IT engineers to support the IT infrastructure to bring about the future of electric aviation.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn team culture and IT methodology in our ecosystem
- Help in triaging and resolving helpdesk related requests through our ticketing system
- Assist in supporting management of Okta, Active Directory, Gsuite, and BetterCloud
Within 6 months you will:
- Help strengthen our automation framework for end user system configuration management
- Assist with rollout and management of security related updates
- Engage IT’s customers to manage changes to key services
- Must have strong Mac and PC knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Install hardware and peripheral components like disk drives, printers, keyboards and monitors
- Excellent working knowledge of Okta, Gsuite and Active Directory
- Experience with remote configuration management of Mac (Jamf) and PC to roll out updates and security patches
- Be able to troubleshoot basic network related issues
- Good knowledge of IT security related best practices
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to independently assess risk, and to make critical decisions
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, Ubuntu, Centos
- Experience with administration of Jira, Service Desk, Confluence and BitBucket
- Scripting capabilities (Powershell, bash)
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Exposure to Network devices configuration and maintenance
- Configuration management experience (puppet or similar tools)
- A healthy sense of adventure
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.