Mountain View, CA
Cora – Mechanical Assembly
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking a technician with experience assembling, integrating, and testing electromechanical and electromagnetic systems, to join our Power and Propulsion group. The position will require you to work on components such as complex magnet assemblies, electric motor windings, power inductor winding, wire harnesses, test fixtures, etc. You should be able to build, install, troubleshoot, and maintain electromechanical assemblies using industry standard methods, while maintaining records and logs.
Within 3 months you will:
- Become familiar with the parts of an electric motor
- Learn assembly procedures and manufacturing practices
- Be proficient using shop equipment
Within 6 months you will:
- Be able to contribute to the team while meeting high quality standards
- Be able to troubleshoot issues
- Be responsible for building assemblies without supervision
- Be proficient at using manufacturing software
Within 12 months you will:
- Be able to train new team members
- Work with engineers to develop new technology
- Strong work ethic and self starter
- Five or more years experience as a technician assembling mechanical and electromechanical assemblies is required.
- Ability to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Strong mechanical assembly skills
- Precise with good attention to detail
- Experience with bond prep and adhesive
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (basic shop equipment, DMM, crimpers, etc.)
- Strong background in troubleshooting and repair of wiring and avionics systems
- Able to select and manage parts from a BOM
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications and basic electronics
- Ability to read schematics and prints.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.