Manufacturing Engineer, Composites
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Manufacturing
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a hands-on manufacturing engineer to join our team developing electric-powered aircraft. You are efficient in the office and on the shop floor. Your core responsibilities will include implementation and management of manufacturing execution systems, process development and improvement, design and development of manufacturing tooling and equipment. Assistance in DFM processes for improved quality and lowered costs. Your additional subtasks will include part-sourcing, and hands-on assembly of parts. You will also participate in manufacturability assessments. You have extensive experience with a wide variety of assembly and manufacturing processes, automation of processes, cost analysis for outsourcing of processes, and paperless workflow systems.
Within 1 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Shadow design engineers, technicians, and other manufacturing engineers
- Support manufacturing activities, both internal and outsourced
- Write work instructions for new or current composite airframe components
- Support structural assemblies through aircraft integration Learn how to use our CAD and PLM tools
Within 3 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft composite parts and assemblies
- Take ownership of new manufacturing projects
- Work with technicians and design engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
- Purchase and implement new manufacturing equipment
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
Within 6 months you will:
- Reach high level of familiarity with the aircraft
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes
- Efficiently incorporate design changes into manufacturing plans and procedures
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- 3 years of experience as a manufacturing engineer in a production environment, preferably in a high-volume operation and/or aerospace
- Comfortable taking ownership of creating new solutions to problems, as opposed to applying tried methods
- Familiar with composite part fabrication: prepreg layup, vacuum bagging, trimming, drilling, surface preparation, structural bonding
- Familiar with drafting standards/GD&T. Has ability to interpret or create engineering drawings
- Proficient with CAD software (Solidworks/NX preferred)
- Experience with PLM (Teamcenter preferred)
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams, providing feedback to improve manufacturability
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.