Mechanical Engineer Intern - Aircraft Systems
Mountain View, CA
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will participate in design prototyping, structural analysis, drawing creation, documentation, assembly and system level testing. As an intern at Cora Aero, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the development of the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Work with senior mechanical engineers to design, analyze, assemble, and test components and assemblies
- Work with technicians and manufacturing engineers to develop manufacturing equipment, processes, tooling, etc.
- Support certification testing efforts and help address design issues discovered during production
- Observe the aircrafts in flight and incorporate flight test feedback into designs
- Currently pursuing a B.S or M.S degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university; and be in your second year of school or higher
- Experience with 3D modeling and using Solidworks or an equivalent CAD system
- Hands on experience with anything technical
- Have an interest in Aircraft/Aviation
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python, or equivalent analysis tools
- Experience with details design development and lightweight electro-mechanical systems, mechanisms, actuators, etc
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.