Flight Software Verification Engineer
Cora – Software
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA. We are currently seeking an engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the onboard computing hardware to power CORA. You will work alongside a small group of engineers to develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of novel avionics platforms.
Within 3 months you will:
- Ask a lot of questions
- Learn the company software development processes and procedures
- Be trained in the specific tools we use to develop and verify software
- Become familiar with the existing code base and requirements
- Begin contributing to the software development effort
- Develop a working relationship with other engineers who will share in your success
Within 6 months you will:
- Begin automatically thinking about ways to verify software from source code review
- Be able to develop a software verification approach from requirements
- Analyze requirements and provide valuable feedback to authors
- Analyze source code and provide valuable feedback to developers
Within 12 months you will:
- Have gained the experience to solve most problems independently
- Guide and mentor new developers
- Software Development
- Requirement Analysis
- Source Code Analysis
- Requirements-based Software Verification
- Test Case and Test Procedure Development
- Structural and Requirements Coverage Analysis
- Problem Report Generation, Analysis and Rework
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.