Senior Systems Test Engineer, Hardware Certification Testing
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Systems Test
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
As a Senior Systems Test Engineer you will design and implement acceptance and qualification tests for avionics, electric motors, power electronics, batteries and other aircraft subsystems. Additionally, you will be performing tests on a fully integrated vehicle to verify requirements all the way up to the aircraft level. You will be responsible for developing and implementing all test plans and procedures as well as designing the necessary fixtures, scripts, and measurement devices to validate performance.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn the ins-and-outs of component and aircraft functionality
- Familiarize yourself with requirements documentation
- Take ownership of new subsystems and start developing qualification tests
- Own the testing processes and execution associated with any verification testing
Within 6 months you will:
- Work with external and in-house test labs to lead environmental test efforts
- Be intimately familiar with the aircraft architecture and improve upon current tests
- Design and execute tests on a fully integrated ground test vehicle
- Write and perform tests for hardware in development, acceptance, qualification, and on-aircraft testing efforts-- and get the chance to see your hard work fly!
Within 12 months you will:
- Certify flight hardware for an entirely new aircraft
- Actively improve current test efforts to support a production environment
- Have the experience of taking flight hardware from concept to production
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related engineering degree
- Six years minimum of experience in hardware testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience writing test plans and reports for verification activities showing traceability to requirements
- Designing and setting up tests for entirely new hardware
- Familiarity with aerospace development best practices and standards
- Extensive experience in operating data acquisition systems for data collection of thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors, load cells, LVDT, etc.
- Experience working with various test lab environments and dealing with outside vendors
- Familiar with Python for automating test execution and post-processing scripts
- Experience with Teamcenter and Polarion
- Experience with Solidworks
- Familiarity with testing per RTCA DO-160
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with FARs relevant to general aviation
- Demonstrated interest in aircraft and aviation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.