IT Infrastructure Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Information Technology
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer experienced in developing IT infrastructure, with an emphasis on automation, scale and enterprise manageability. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining virtualization, networking, storage and devops infrastructure while working with a growing IT team that emphasizes agility and efficiency. You will work alongside other engineers to imagine and realize the communications and data processing infrastructure to bring about the future of electric aviation.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn team culture and IT methodology in our ecosystem
- Meet with members of Engineering teams to understand the instrumentation and data processing needs of a rapidly developing product
- Evaluate and onboard process automation tools to streamline deployment and management of IT supported infrastructure
Within 6 months you will:
- Help to strengthen our internal and external network security boundaries
- Assist with the maintenance and rollout of world-class PLM/ERP/MRP infrastructure
- Engage with Engineering and Business Operations as we look to expand into emerging markets and locations
- Hands on expertise with Vmware, Pure Storage, Netapp solutions
- System administration of Linux and Windows in an enterprise environment
- Configuration management experience in Linux (puppet preferably), Windows
- Management of Microsoft Active Directory and Linux integration with AD
- Exposure to Juniper Network device configuration and maintenance
- Firm grasp of enterprise network design & information security
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to independently assess risk, and to make critical decisions
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced startup setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with version control (git)
- Administration and configuration of Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo)
- Experience administering Okta and G Suite
- A healthy sense of adventure
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.