Mountain View, CA
Cora – Systems Engineering
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
The goal of systems engineering is to make sure the right product is being built, and that the product is being built right. Systems engineers solicit input from business, regulatory, safety, manufacturing, and other sources, and distill this information into requirements. Systems engineers work across teams to conduct trade studies to optimize implementation. They ensure continual alignment of all stakeholders and flag potential deviation from requirements. Once the design is ready for testing, systems engineers ensure that all requirements are fully verified.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn from others about the requirements development and verification process
- Get familiar with the system architecture
- Begin to develop, flow down and trace requirements
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft
- Take ownership of one system's requirements and verification identification
- Identify and conduct necessary requirement validation
- Work with systems safety to ensure safety requirements are incorporated into the design, and inputs from design engineers are fed back into system safety
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the system architecture
- Refine systems engineering touchpoints with your engineering team
- Begin detailed planning of your system's verification efforts, and ensure full requirements coverage
- Establish a feedback cycle to ensure safety, reliability, testability, and maintainability issues with your system are recognized and addressed early and efficiently
- B.S. in engineering and experience in systems engineering or certification
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous design and/or flight test experience
- Experience with an aircraft development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.