Software Engineer Intern - Tools & Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems, and assist in building the world’s best, and most highly-automated software development environment. Your assistance will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms. As an intern at Cora Aero, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the evolution of the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Support development operations and contribute to maintaining and improving continuous integration, automated tests, and development systems
- Participate in the development of tools and identification of opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification via automation
- Assist in designing, building, and maintaining hardware-in-the-loop test benches used in development and verification of avionics software
- Currently pursuing a B.S or M.S degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university; and be in your second year of school or higher
- Working knowledge of Python, C/C++ and/or Java
- Familiar with highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc)
- Have an interest in working with a variety of tools and technologies to solve problems
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Demonstrated experience supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Familiarity with Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc.)
- Familiarity with decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Exposure to full stack development, containers, and cloud-based tools
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.