Senior Program Manager
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Program Management
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
Supporting the Director of Program Management and Director of Systems Engineering, the Senior Program Manager will organize and coordinate activities and deliverables to reach systems engineering milestones across a complex, multi disciplinary, and multi functional team who is in pursuit of building the first passenger service with an autonomous air taxi.
Within 3 months you will:
- Lead planning and track execution of systems architecture, requirements, integration, and verification development
- Produce and monitor overall project schedule for Systems Engineering (SE), integrating team schedules and identifying dependencies, conflicts and critical path
- Be a critical interface with hardware and software engineering, flight test and management
- Develop baseline plans tracking deliverables, cost and schedule. Coordinate/negotiate revisions and updates
Within 6 months you will:
- Develop and maintain Risk, Issue, and Opportunity management
- Provide reporting on schedule delays, roadblocks, optimistic estimates, dependency conflicts, large error bars, open items and challenges
- Work with SE on process development, information flow, company documentation
- Lead SE teams in developing appropriate levels of in-team project and task management
Within 12 months you will:
- Ensure all delivery, financial and technical commitments tied to key milestones are met
- Institute appropriate processes for documenting lessons learned and sharing of best practices
- At least 5 years of program/project management experience leading and/or managing complex multidisciplinary technical projects
- Strong background in system requirements development and management for complex systems
- Background in the Aerospace and Aviation industry preferred
- Subcontract management or OEM experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of developing, tracking and maintaining development schedules
- Team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors in accordance with plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.