Mountain View, CA
Cora – Quality
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
Kitty Hawk is looking for an experienced Quality Specialist to perform product verifications, supplier evaluations and quality system audits. We are looking for an individual that is comfortable in a dynamic environment and will remain collaborative and flexible with change.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn company processes and procedures
- Begin implementing visual inspection on the production line
Within 6 months you will:
- Implement recommendations to continuously improve product quality
- Full understanding of the entire production build of Cora
- Travel to other Kitty Hawk locations for on-site support
Within 12 months you will:
- Identify and disposition reworkable parts
- Assist in training additional inspectors joining our team
- Develop new and improved inspection equipment
- Perform visual inspections and testing (NDI/NDT) for the entire Cora production process
- Evaluate, identify, and document any defects found on the production line, with a continuous drive for a 100 percent defect-free product
- Able to perform inspections based on engineering drawings/specifications and work instructions
- Inspects the installation of electrical wiring and other aircraft equipment
- Ability to identify product and process improvement opportunities
- Performing calibration verifications to ensure our tools are within tolerance
- Assist with the root cause and corrective action process, as required
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.