Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You would help to build the world's best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You would enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification through automation
- Build custom integration between tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Polarion, etc. Includes plug-in development, Web development, configuration management, etc.
- Build out a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline used for avionics software development
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.