Mountain View, CA
Cora – Quality
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Cora production operation. You will apply principles from high-volume manufacturing to ramp up production and ensuring that quality and engineering requirements are met.
Within 3 months you will:
- Design test plans to track effectiveness and yield of manufacturing processes
- Collect data to conduct root cause investigations of common/recurring problems and non-conformities
- Use statistical methodologies to analyze trends to ensure specified levels of process yield are achieved, maintained or improved
- Conduct root cause analyses; develop and execute corrective action plans
Within 6 months you will:
- Analyze trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions
- Conducts verification reviews to ensure adequate surveillance to validate product and process Quality requirements
- Provides material review dispositions for non-conformance materials and parts.
- Supports quality source selection and process reviews of suppliers deliveries to ensure engineering requirements are met
- Have driven corrective actions so that yield improvements on major subassemblies is visible
Within 12 months you will:
- Begin to apply forward looking quality methods, like PFMEA and control plans
- Assist Supply Chain with sourcing new vendors, ensuring quality standard will be met
- Deploy processes to additional sub assembly lines
- Define visual inspection and testing plan for electronics and avionics sub-assemblies of the Cora production process. Identify the various inspection/test points throughout the process and the precise criteria that should be inspected to produce a perfect product everytime
- Use LabView or similar to design and build testers that confirm function of electrical mechanical systems during assembly
- Convert engineering specifications into clear, simple to execute inspections
- Manage the Root-Cause, Corrective-Action (RCCA) process, ensuring that corrective action is implemented to prevent defects that occur in the plant from happening again
- Create KPIs that represent the quality of the product. Analyze that data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Liaison with the Flight Test team to identify the top defects causing failures or malfunctions
- Respond to the production line when discrepancies are spotted, disposition defects in real time
- Communicate defective conditions to vendor partners, manage SCAR (supplier corrective action request) process
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.