Mechanical Design Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Airframe
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to help design primary structural components of our aircraft. You will work closely with structural analysts and manufacturing engineers and will be responsible for verifying producibility, adherence to design practices, and assembly operations. Additionally, you will support full scale static and dynamic testing of aircraft structures.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Shadow design engineers, manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other analysts to become familiar with the aircraft
- Become fluent in our CAD and PLM tools
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and subsystem assemblies
- Take ownership of new design projects
- Work with technicians and manufacturing engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the aircraft, design, and analysis methods
- Continuously improve manufacturability and performance
- Efficiently incorporate design changes into manufacturing plans and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, structural mechanics)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Solidworks, CATIA, NX, or similar
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience working with other engineers to improve the manufacturability of a product (Design for Manufacturing) while controlling cost and weight
- Familiar with hand and shop tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.