Software Systems Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Software Systems Engineer to join our Software and Avionics Group, which builds the core fly-by-wire systems for Cora. We are looking for someone that is passionate about aviation and future of transportation to help to define software requirements and processes used to develop flight critical software for our fleet of autonomous air taxis.
- Prepare and maintain software plans, standards, and supporting documentation per RTCA DO-178C
- Identify and incorporate process improvements
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to instantiate certified process including tools, procedures, best practices
- Own requirement specifications for avionics systems and sub-systems including authoring, review, and iterations
- Drive feature definition by evaluating required features and eliminating unnecessary capabilities
- B.S. in engineering with at least four years of experience in systems engineering and certification to ARP4754 and DO-178B/C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience with an aircraft/aerospace development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.