Process Assurance Engineer
Cora – Systems Engineering
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
Process assurance works with both internal groups and external suppliers to ensure a high quality product. Process assurance engineers work alongside software and hardware engineers to make sure expectations are understood and processes are followed throughout the entire development process.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn from others about the existing software and systems development, and verification processes and tools
- Get familiar with the system and software architecture and existing suppliers
- Begin performing internal software process assurance audits
Within 6 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the processes and tools
- Continue to perform internal software process assurance audits
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures needed to meet certification standards and industry best practices
- Define and implement quality assurance processes and procedures, such as phase transition audits and the corrective action procedures
- Provide oversight to the change control boards
Within 12 months you will:
- Improve and streamline existing processes
- Be responsible for ensuring quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented processes and procedures
- Perform onsite supplier audits as per Kitty Hawk's supplier audit guideline
- B.S. in engineering with experience in software development, software verification or certification
- Experience with DO-178B/C and supplements of DO-178C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in auditing supplier development processes and procedures
- Experience in auditing software development and verification artifacts
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.