Software Engineer, Embedded Real-Time Platforms
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Real-Time Platforms Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds our core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help build the world’s best real-time avionics software platform. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Develop high-quality embedded platform code, including bootloaders, device drivers, and communication protocol stacks
- Support real-time operating system and toolchain integration
- Enhance embedded build scripts, development environment and maintain linker scripts
- Bringing-up new hardware platforms and controllers
- Write requirements, test specifications, and tests (unit tests through full integration tests)
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in developing in C on embedded systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop production embedded systems
- Strong understanding of RTOS concepts and concurrent software design
- Experience using highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to read schematics and perform basic hardware debugging
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- ARM development experience
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Experience developing software to meet functional safety requirements (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.