Mountain View, CA
Cora – Airframe
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a Structural Analyst to analyze and support the design of primary structural components for our aircraft. You will work closely with designers and will be responsible for verifying and documenting structural design integrity and performance using classical and finite element simulations. Additionally, you will be expected to support testing of materials, static and dynamic testing of aircraft structural components, and operational aircraft.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Shadow design engineers, manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other analysts to become familiar with our aircraft and methods
- Become functional in Altair Hypermesh, Optistruct, and Hyperview (Hyperworks)
- Become functional in our CAD and PLM tools
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and subsystem assemblies
- Become proficient in Altair Hyperworks
- Take ownership of new design and analysis projects
- Understand and apply loads sourced from internal loads documents and global FEA models
- Work with design engineers to develop and improve part and assembly designs
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the aircraft, design, and analysis methods
- Document requirement verification (margins) on mature parts and assemblies
- Support structural testing by documenting test plans and test reports
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or similar)
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals: statics, dynamics, structural mechanics, beam theory, and laminate theory
- Familiar with commercial FEA software and methods such as Optistruct, Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys, etc.
- Familiar with methods for analysis of composite structuresFamiliar with CAD software such as Solidworks, CATIA, NX, etc.
- Experience as a self-starting member of a multidisciplinary team
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.