Vice President of Business Development
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Commercial
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
As Vice President of Business Development reporting to the CEO, you will lead the prioritization and targeting of market demand, geographies, uses cases, and timing for market entry. You will determine where our products, services and technologies can deliver high value to specific market segments and where Cora can build profitable, repeatable and growth businesses. Through direct engagement with government representatives, policy, regulatory, and external stakeholders, you will assess market opportunities, target customer sets and geographies, likely competitors, key applications, and develop detailed go-to-market plans and campaigns.
- Build the go-to-market plan for company, including: use cases geographies, go-to-market strategy, partnering strategy, value proposition, timing for market entry
- Work with key functional leaders including the CEO, heads of Strategy, Marketing, Policy, Product Management, Country Managers and Engineering to build the go-to-market strategy and market entry timing
- Global travel to assess the market directly with government representatives, policy, regulatory, and external stakeholders
- 10+ years in the aviation industry in a similar role
- 10+ years of experience assessing global markets, including building business cases, interacting with internal and external stakeholders (including Government), and/or developing strategic plans
- Strong experience creating new markets, either in a startup or new business
- Direct global business experience
- Strong and flexible communication skills, able to communicate with both an executive and technical executive audience interchangeably
- Self-starter, well organized, flexible, and motivated to grow our business
- Undergraduate degree required
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.