Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Mountain View, CA
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will participate in the implementation of manufacturing execution systems, process development and improvement, design and development of manufacturing tooling and equipment, and assistance in DFM processes for improved quality and costs. Additionally, you will support part-sourcing, hands-on assembly of parts, and perform manufacturability assessments. As an intern at Cora Aero, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the manufacturing process of the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Reach a high level of familiarity with aircraft part fabrication and assembly (areas include batteries, motors, avionics and composites)
- Work seamlessly with technicians and design engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
- Assist in bringing resolution to quality issues using effective root cause analysis
- Help incorporate design changes into manufacturing plans and procedures
- Currently pursuing a B.S or M.S degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university; and be in your second year of school or higher
- Working knowledge of CAD software (solidworks or NX)
- Skilled in the fundamentals of industrial engineering, including capacity models, technical writing, time studies, and labor cost forecasting
- Proficient and safe use of hand and shop tools
- Familiar with draft standard/GD&T
- Ability to interpret/create engineering drawings
- Have an interest in Aircraft/Aviation
- Creative thinker with a passion to drive new manufacturing processes and methods
- Demonstrated experience working with other engineers to improve manufacturability of product (Design for Manufacturing) while controlling cost and weight
- Good knowledge of materials and current manufacturing processes
- Six Sigma or LEAN manufacturing experience/certification
- Experience working with PLM, MES, and ERP systems
- Experience using Teamcenter MPP
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.