Senior Legal Counsel
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Legal
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for an attorney to help grow our Legal team, working directly with the General Counsel as Cora’s second lawyer. You will be the primary lawyer responsible for negotiating commercial contracts for our company, and be an integral part of the legal function as the company looks to scale. You have a willingness to learn and help with a variety of legal projects. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to grow their skill set into a generalist and interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements including supply chain contracts, technology transfer and business development agreements, software licenses (inbound and outbound), professional services contracts, and collaboration agreements
- Advise business and cross functional stakeholders on legal issues that may include regulatory issues, agreement structures and approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, and negotiation strategy
- Be a key contributor to our legal team’s efforts in preparation and implementation of our legal processes and practices
- Support the legal department in other areas as needed
- J.D. degree with 5-7 years experience with a law firm or in-house (some in-house experience preferred)
- Admitted to a state bar, CA preferred
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including technology and supply agreements
- Experience in other areas (including patents, trademarks, open source, privacy, regulatory compliance, import/export) a plus
- Some experience in aviation or aerospace industry a plus
- Willingness and desire to be a jack-of-all-trades generalist
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to build systems and processes from the ground up
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.