Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Controls Engineer to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be responsible for imagining and implementing controls algorithms, state estimation methods, and self-flying autonomy software. You will write code that runs on full scale airplanes and be responsible for supporting the flight test of those new algorithms. You will develop and bring about safe autonomous flight through following the certification process along with rigorous testing.
- Support flight test activities by analyzing flight logs
- Identify issues in flight code and propose/implement solutions or improvements
- Take ownership of new features and design/write algorithms
- Develop and verify requirements for certification
- Implement new models in our physics engine based on first principles, empirical data, or system identification
- Reach high level of familiarity with autonomous sensor suite, software architecture, and code base
- Contribute to software development and testing framework
- B.S. or M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of estimation and control theory
- Practical experience with design and implementation of control systems
- Strong C and Matlab software engineering skills
- Strong simulation physical modeling background
- Strong linear algebra and calculus skills
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with path planning, trajectory optimization, or GNC (Guidance Navigation and Control)
- Experience with computer vision based state estimation
- Experience with robotics and embedded systems
- Experience with sensor fusion (accels, gyros, GPS, pressure transducers, vision, lidar, radar, ultrasound, etc.)
- Good grasp of aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
- Experience with aircraft requirements
- Background in optimization, probabilities or machine learning (ML)/artificial intelligence (AI)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.