Director of Strategy
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Commercial
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
As Director of Strategy you will lead the analysis, prioritization and targeting of potential markets, uses cases, timing, and financial implications for our technology and applications. You will determine where our products, services and technologies can deliver high value to specific market segments and where Cora can build profitable, repeatable and growth businesses. Through external research, potential interviews and engagement with internal teams and outside partners and stakeholders, you will assess market opportunities, target customer sets and geographies, likely competitors, key applications, and develop detailed business and go-to-market plans and campaigns.
Develop Cora’s market strategy for its new eVTOL solutions, including:
- business plan
- go-to-market strategy
- partnering strategy
- solution architecture
- value proposition
- timing for market entry
- Work with product management, marketing, engineering, business development, and policy teams to guide requirements capture for future developments
- Evaluate and assess corporate development opportunities (e.g., alliances, JVs, investments)
- 10+ years in the aviation industry in a similar role
- 10+ years of strategy experience, including assessing markets, building business cases, interacting with internal and external stakeholders, and/or developing strategic plans
- Direct international business experience
- Strong analytical background, able to think deeply about business, financial, research, policy, and technical issues and their interactions
- Strong and flexible communication skills, able to communicate with both an executive and technical executive audience interchangeably
- Self-starter, well organized, flexible, and motivated to grow our business
- Able to provide functional leadership and set standards for excellence in research and strategy
- MBA (or equivalent education/experience) and undergraduate degree required
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Cora Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cora Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cora Aero is an E-Verify employer.